[page currently under reconstruction]


Friday, January 11, 2008

Orzo with Roasted Garlic, Red Peppers, & Spinach

I know it's not a clever title, but it was delicious! In fact, there weren't any leftovers at all. I got the idea from a side dish we had at Macaroni Grill, but I think mine was better. (Hey, my husband said it was "restaurant quality.") :) This recipe should feed 4, but if you're really hungry (like we were), it will only be enough for 2. Of course, it can easily be doubled as well.

1/2 box orzo pasta, cooked & drained
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. roasted garlic, minced or smashed into a paste consistency
2 to 3 Tbsp. roasted red peppers,julienned
1 cup spinach, large chiffonade

In a saute pan, warm the olive oil and roasted garlic on low heat for a couple of minutes. Then, turn the heat up to medium/medium-low and add the roasted red peppers. Stir to combine. Add the drained orzo and stir to coat pasta. Just before serving, add the spinach, stir to combine, and serve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pam ~ thanks for this recipe. I thought I had all the ingredients to try it, but forgot the red pepper. Maybe my husband will stop after work and pick up one for me.

Do you know, I had never heard of orzo pasta. But...looking in the grocery aisle, there it was! I also had never heard of chiffonade, but Wikipedia set me straight.

Now I'm ready to try it. I hope it's restaurant quality like yours!