[page currently under reconstruction]


Saturday, October 24, 2009

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

I'm not sure what could be more easy than these 'muffins'. I say 'muffins' because I thought they were more like cupcakes. Either way, they're really delicious, and a good way to sneak a veggie into an unsuspecting family member. The 'muffins' are extremely moist and tender and take no time at all to make. Perfect with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate, especially when they're still warm and the chocolate chips are all gooey...mmmm. Plus, they're not too bad for you (I think it's a Weight Watcher's recipe) at around 115 calories each (~2 points). Excuse me while I go make some more. I think I'll try this method with a spice cake mix, too, perhaps with butterscotch chips...

Chocolate (Pumpkin) Muffins

1 box devils food cake mix
1 (15 oz) can of pumpkin
2 egg whites
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Mix together all ingredients. Spoon batter into lined muffin pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Makes ~24 muffins.


Recipe from Real Mom Kitchen

No comments: