[page currently under reconstruction]


Friday, September 22, 2006

Five Things to Eat Before You Die...

This is a self-tagged meme (taken from Anne's Food & various other blogs - originated by Melissa at The Traveler's Lunchbox). This is hard since I love all kinds of food, but I'll give it a go.

(1) Buttermilk Biscuits & Cornbread with Home-Grown Tomatoes. Slice biscuits & cornbread in half, add butter, sliced ripe tomato, salt, pepper, and indulge. This has to be my favorite food of all time.

(2) Hazelnut Gelato. Delicious on its own, but much better if consumed in Piazza San Marco in Venice, Italy.

(3) Fresh Pineapple from Central or South America. The best I've ever had I ate in Nicaragua.

(4) Eggs Benedict. My jaw dropped when I took my first bite of Eggs Benedict at the Peter Shields Inn in Cape May, New Jersey. Mmmm...so good.

(5) Homemade Peach Cobbler. A friend of my grandmother used to make this dessert for family gatherings when I was growing up. That reminds me, I really need to get the recipe...

I have many more that I could add, so I'll probably have to do another post some time. What are your recommendations?

No comments: