[page currently under reconstruction]


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Italian Dressing

A while back, I found myself in need of some Italian dressing, but I didn't have any in the house. So, I searched for a version I could make myself. What a great find - I don't think I'll ever buy Italian dressing again! I keep the dry mix with my other spices and just mix up whatever I need. It's so much better than anything I could buy, and I have all the ingredients on hand anyway. Yum. This one is highly recommended. :)

Italian Dressing (Dry Mix)

1 Tbsp. garlic salt
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 Tbsp. white sugar
2 Tbsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried basil
1 Tbsp. dried parsley
1/4 tsp. celery salt
1 Tbsp. salt

In a small bowl, mix together the garlic salt, onion powder, sugar, oregano, pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, celery salt and regular salt. Store in a tightly sealed container.

To prepare dressing, whisk together 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2/3 cup canola or olive oil (or a combination), 2 Tbsp. water, 2 Tbsp. of the dry mix, and 2 Tbsp. grated parmasean cheese.


Recipe adapted from AllRecipes

1 comment:

the Provident Woman said...

Yummy! I'll have to try that.